Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Crew: Our Wonderful TEDxWWU Team Members

In case you didn't know, there has been a group of amazing people working hard for the past year to make TEDxWWU a reality! A mix of students, faculty and staff have been giving time and energy to bring a TEDx event to Western's campus for the very first time. With that said, we saw it fitting to put the spot light on them and celebrate the great individuals who have been working so hard!


Katie Garner


"My name is Katie Garner, I am currently a sophomore at Western. I majoring in human services with a minor in Spanish. I am a peer mentor for the Student Outreach Services, a student advisor at the Center for Service Learning, and this summer I'll be an Academic Student Advisor for incoming freshmen! As you can see I love our campus, and have been lucky enough to be in the TEDxWWU planning committee overseeing the applications for attending the event. I am passionate about this years theme and the positive impact our event will have on this campus!"



Emily Mulnick



"I am Emily Mulnick, a senior studying Biological Anthropology and Spanish. I am an out of state student from McCall, Idaho, and enjoy doing most everything outdoors and with my friends and family. Through growing up in a small town and coming to Western, I have realized how important a strong sense of community is in order to enjoy both the big and the small things. We all need someone to share our excitement, our disappointment, our hardships, and our highs with. 
I also had the opportunity to live in Italy for a year in between high school and coming to WWU where I discovered my love for traveling, learning languages, and cooking and eating endless amounts of delicious food. It also made me realized how hard starting over in a new place can be. It is one thing to be strong and be able to build on a foundation, but it is another, to have people at your side and sharing the tools that you both have acquired over the years. 
I am coordinating the Registration, Refreshment, and Reception part of the event - helping to facilitate meaningful break out sessions, where participants can engage in the experience, network, continuously reflect, and be supported through the day. I hope to tie the sessions together, and provide a space where speakers and participants can connect, and the energy of TEDxWWU can foster connection and positivity. 
Renovations: Respecting the past, and being thankful for the foundation it offers. As this is what allows us the knowledge and skills to make the present and the future better places to be and be excited for."

As we post bios for our team members, we would like to thank them for all of the time and dedication that they have put in this past year towards making TEDxWWU a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment