Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Crew: Kayla Swallow and Marli Williams

For the past year, an awesome mix of student and staff have been working hard to make TEDxWWU a reality here at Western. With all of the time and energy they have been putting in, we saw it fitting to shine the spot light on them, as well as give them a chance to share their love for TEDxWWU!


Kayla Swallow



Hello! My name is Kayla Swallow and I am finishing my second year here at Western Washington University! I love spending my time hanging out with friends at coffee houses, going on hikes in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, and playing every sport under the sun. I am currently majoring in Human Services, with a double minor in Sociology and Event Planning, with the dream of managing a non-profit in the future. A few of my favorite things are bucket lists, road trips and spending my time near lakes.


I have a deep passion for education and the way that it can change the world for the better, which is why I am involved with TEDxWWU as the Social Media and Marketing intern. I love TEDx events because they are catalysts for more than just listening, they create momentum for change, growth and Renovation.



Marli Williams



Marli Williams works at Western Washington University as an Academic Support Coordinator in Student Outreach Services. In that role, she provides academic advising for students and works with peer mentors who offer support for incoming freshmen. When she is isn’t at work she is playing ultimate Frisbee, hiking with her dog Summit and having the time of her life. She strives to cultivate passion, purpose and potential in everything she does with everyone she meets.

 As the license holder for TEDxWWU, Marli believes that events such as these will inspire, motivate and encourage students here at Western. 

No comments:

Post a Comment